Sunday, January 10, 2016

From Old To New: Jeans Skirt from an Old Pair of Jeans

A few weeks ago I re-arranged my wardrobe, as I always do when the seasons change. During the re-arrangement, I stumbled across a few pairs of Jeans that I got from my mom's wardrobe. They've been in my closet for years, but I never wore them because they're too big for me and they ended up just sitting there, being moved from one shelf to another. This time I decided to take them out and do something with them. I thought that it's a shame that they take up space in the closet and I don't use them.




My original thought was to narrow them down so they will fit me, but last week I found Ashley's tutorial on how to make a pair of Jeans into a skirt and decided this is what I'm going to do. In her tutorial, Ashley is making a skirt for her daughter but I figured that the same method can be applied to grown-ups as well, and I was right :) 

I followed Ashley's tutorial step-by-step and ended up with a new Jeans skirt for myself. I'm so proud of it and can't wait to wear it. What do you think?



If you too have unused pair of Jeans in your closet, I encourage you to try this yourself. It's really easy and very satisfying, plus you'll get a brand new skirt out of it.

Good Luck!!

You're also welcome to join my mailing list or like my facebook page.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Shimrit

4 comments :

  1. I just hear my man and my friend screaming at me nooooo! Well you would too! I made a tote bag out of a pair of jeans, but, there was bits I should have down first and in the end the man had to guide to how to make it not messy. lol I am proud of my tote bag too. Skirt is probably a step to far- although.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep trying, Linda, practice makes perfect :)

      Delete
  2. Cute skirt! I love recycling denim! Thanks for sharing at the Submarine Sunday Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T'onna for your kind words and for stopping by :)

      Delete